Date: Monday, August 3, 2020/Time: 3:00pm
Location: Bank Iowa Building-1108 Broadway, Denison Iowa
CEO Board Meeting Minutes
Call to Order/Pledge of Allegiance-Wane Miller
Roll Call and establish Quorum
Approval of Agenda-motion made by Craig Anderson and 2nd by Keith Radig-Unanimously approved
Approve Agenda/Minutes of Previous Meeting-n/a
Action item-new business
- Adopt CEO By-Laws-term limit discussion. Motion made by Craig Anderson and 2nd by Keith Radig to accept as written. Unanimously approved. Motion carried.
- Review and discussion of transportation/travel mileage rates. Motion made by Stephen Green for $.50 per mile. 2nd by Jack Lloyd. Unanimously approved. Motion carried.
- Standing Committees-Wane discussed development of Finance Committee/Keith made a motion to continue with Executive Committee exclusively until development of Local Board. Wane 2nd motion. Unanimously approved. Motion carried.
Fiscal Agent Financial Report
- Rick Hunsaker Executive Director Region XII COG/Mark Thomsen-please refer to attached graph. Discussed options regarding potential Service Provider Budgets (percentages). Keith made Motion to approve 60% option. Stephen 2nd. Eleven voting members approved. One opposed. Motion carried.
Service Provider Reports:
- Kaylene Page; Director of Workforce Development IWCC-discussed the Disaster Recovery Employment Program (Flood Grant)
- Shawn Fick; Direct of Missions, Goodwill of the Great Plains-reported a strong demand continues for workers in several areas of the economy.
- Linda Rouse; District Manager, American Job Center Division, Iowa Workforce Development-question and answer session.
Nomination Form, WIWD Recruitment Form, Next Meeting
Motion to Adjourn made by Wane. 2nd Keith.
Next meeting tentatively scheduled for September 16, 2020 at 3p.m. in Denison, Iowa.